Saturday, July 27, 2013

Early Review On I Surrender (I Surrender #1) by Monica James Release Day July 30, 2013

Synopsis:

Singapore has stolen a piece of Ava Thompson.

It took one life shattering moment, for her to realize, her EX is not the man she believed him to be. Returning home to Los Angeles was never going to be easy for Ava. Her heart has been shattered to smithereens and she’s convinced it’ll never heal. Or, so she thought.

Enter Jasper White.

Unbeknownst to Ava, Jasper White will change her life forever.

The attraction is instantaneous which troubles Ava, who has sworn off men indefinitely. But, she is finding resisting Jasper, with his tousled bedroom hair and piercing cerulean eyes, harder than she ever imagined. And that’s because Jasper knows what he wants, and he wants Ava.

But, can Ava surrender to her feelings for the one man who compels her to love again? Because, what happens if love does not triumph all? What happens if love isn’t enough?

Goodreads:

My Review

5 of 5 Jasper and Ava

I Surrender....... I Surrender....... I Surrender....... HOLY F&^% do I surrender to Jasper!

Monica James is just straight brilliant and I can't say enough about her and how much I LOVED LOVED LOVED I Surrender! I mean it took me two days to read because I had a migraine and I worked but I kept reading and today at midnight I finished the most AMAZING book I have read in a while and that is saying something. I mean I have read a lot this year but this story started out with a bang and ended with a bang by the way Monica you are a cruel women with that ending HOLY F^&%!!!!!!!!!! That ending was ........ dare I say CRUEL!!!!!!!!!!!! Lord I need book two like I need air to breathe. I am sitting here in the dark typing this review because I can't get this book out of my head. Lord Jasper has invaded my heart and my mind! Dam Monica I need to clone him and then marry him like ASAP ;)

Ava has given up everything to be with her boyfriend Harper. She moves to Singapore with him so he can pursue his career. Then while in Singapore Harper decides Ava is not what he wants and dumps her and boy how he dumps her I swear if a guy ever did that to me he would be ball less! I mean I would beat him down no matter where we were that is how rude he dumped her. But enough ranting about the douche tool mother f&^%$#@ Harper. See where I am going with this about Harper he is no good. So Ava packs up and goes back home to her best friends house V and stays with her while she figures out how to heal from a broken heart. While staying with V Ava meets V's boyfriend Lucas and his band mates one in particular Jasper with Cerulean eyes and sweet baby JESUS he is hotter than hot he wears the letters H-O-T! 

When Jasper and Ava make eye contact there is something there. Ava is not sure because she has sworn off men because she is still licking her wounds over that asshole Harper so she basically eye f&^%$ Jasper as he does the same. So as Ava gets to know Jasper she realizes two things one that Jasper comes with baggage and a part of that baggage is a girl that I hated right off the bat because she was trying to stake her claim on Jasper and he was not having it. But like I said Ava is broken and she just wants to be friends with Jasper and the closer the two of them get the more walls come down for Ava. As for Jasper he keeps his walls up and soon they crumble because Jasper wants Ava hands down and no one is going to come in between them. 

But as Ava is making life choices for herself she finds herself in a pickle when things from her past come to haunt her. She will make decisions in my book are totally wrong but she has to make her way and making her bed and lying in it is a perfect thing for her. Jasper has to decide if he is willing to give his all to Ava because he is broken just like she is. So what do you do when you have two broken people trying to learn to love again and freely? Will Jasper give in and give Ava his heart and soul or will he walk and be a free bird? What will Ava do? Will she give herself to Jasper or will she walk away from the one man who can breathe life back into her dead heart?

This is a must read book! I mean dam I could not put it down and as I am typing this review I can't stop thinking about all the players in this story and what is going to happen in the next book. Monica for a debut you ROCKED IT GIRL! Love you to pieces and while I was writing this review the song Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls came on and it fits Ava and Jasper to a T so here is the link to listen to the song http://youtu.be/NdYWuo9OFAw

About this author:

Monica James spent her youth devouring the works of Anne Rice, William Shakespeare and Emily Dickinson. Listening to the likes of Elvis to Fiona Apple and everything in between has been her inspirational tool to write. Her varied musical and literary tastes have shaped her into the writer she has become. Monica partook in extra Literature and Writing studies in High School. She studied a Bachelor of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences at La Trobe University Victoria, Australia, majoring in Philosophy and Cinema Studies for three years. When she is not writing she is running her own business, but always finds a balance between the two. Monica enjoys reading honest, heartfelt and turbulent stories that leave an imprint on her. She put pen to paper because she wanted to write a book that she would want to read. She draws inspiration from her surroundings, hopeful others enjoy reading about the world as she sees it.

Where to stalk Monica:
Twitter: @monicajames81
Tumblr: monicajames81

No comments:

Post a Comment