Friday, August 2, 2013

2nd Annual Authors ARE Rockstars Tour Stop Indelible (The Twixt #1) by Dawn Metcalf


Book Description:

Some things are permanent.

Indelible.

And they cannot be changed back.

Joy Malone learns this the night she sees a stranger with all-black eyes across a crowded room—right before the mystery boy tries to cut out her eye. Instead, the wound accidentally marks her as property of Indelible Ink, and this dangerous mistake thrusts Joy into an incomprehensible world—a world of monsters at the window, glowing girls on the doorstep, and a life that will never be the same.

Now, Joy must pretend to be Ink’s chosen one—his helper, his love, his something for the foreseeable future...and failure to be convincing means a painful death for them both. Swept into a world of monsters, illusion, immortal honor and revenge, Joy discovers that sometimes, there are no mistakes.

Somewhere between reality and myth lies…

THE TWIXT

Goodreads:

My Review

5 of 5 Twixt

Indelible is one HELL OF A READ! Man you want to talk about a different story this is one and lord I could not get enough. When I first started reading it I thought okay girl in a club chilling then she realizes someone is staring at her and she gets the willy nillys but when said freak tries to kill her all hell breaks lose because the meat of the story is what follows.

Joy is just minding her own business in the club having fun when she feels eyes on her. At first she does not think anything about it but as those black eyes come at her she realizes she is in trouble. Once she is attacked she realizes that her troubles just got worse because she was supposed to die but instead of dying she is inked and linked to Ink. Know she will have to fight for her life. She is about to see a part of a hidden world she never knew existed.

She will see monsters and things she is not so sure are real. The worst part is that she is now supposed to be Ink's lover and chosen one. She has to do everything he says or else risk death for the both of them. Lord all Joy wanted to do was chill at the club but what she gets is far more than she ever expected. This is a must read and I need book two like yesterday!

Dawn Metcalf is a Rock Star!

Dawn is a rock star because she is a PHENOMENAL writer. I happen to stumble upon dawn's new release Indelible through Around The World ARC Tours. The first thing that caught my mind was the cover. I mean that cover is AMAZING just simply amazing. I usually don't judge a book by it's cover but this one was really hard to ignore. So I decided I wanted to be a part of the tour and request the arc. 

Can I just say that the minute I received Indelible I was blown away! I mean I sat down on the porch in the rocking chair and I started reading and before I knew it the kids were saying mom what is for diner? I laughed and said Chinese call it in because mommy is reading a good book. As I sat there reading and reading I was so involved and invested in the story I did not want it to end.

Dawn is an amazing author and an amazing person. She interacts with her readers and that is very important for the readers to feel like what they have to say is important. I can't wait for book two in the series. All in all Dawn is my rock star because she is total awesome sauce in my book!
About Author:

The role of Dawn Metcalf will be played by the tall brunette in the off-the-shoulder, floor-length leather straitjacket. Makeup by Clinique, buckles by Jada Pinkett-Smith, hair by Jim Henson's Creature Shop.

I have no good excuse for the way I write. I lived in a normal, loving, suburban home, studied hard, went to college, went to graduate school, got married, had babies, and settled down in northern Connecticut. Despite this wholesome lifestyle, I've been clearly corrupted by fairy tales, puppet visionaries, British humour and graphic novels. As a result, I write dark, quirky, and sometimes humorous speculative fiction.

INDELIBLE: Book One of the Twixt is coming July 30, 2013 by Harlequin Teen. My debut novel, LUMINOUS, was published by Dutton Books in 2011.

Review Policy: My review policy has changed. I am removing all comments and stars from Read books. If it's here, I liked it or loved it (3-5 stars). I brag about books I absolutely adore and share other wild opinions on my blog, Officially Twisted at http://dawn-metcalf.livejournal.com.

AUTHORS ARE ROCK STARS

Dawn Metcalf, INDELIBLE
 [Harlequin Teen, July 30, 2013]

I am a little radical.

It might have come up from growing up protesting one injustice or another, a byproduct of being raised by peace-loving high school sweethearts, or it might have been something fundamentally different in my growing-up experience that changed my perspective, possibly when I was stranded in France at age 12 with only my best friend and my moxie to get me through the US Embassy and onto that plane headed home. In any case, I seem to thrive on the not-quite-expected, the quirky, the out-of-the-box and so, as a writer, if there's one thing you can expect, it's that I won't be following trends.

I've been reading and writing fantasy since long before the "French Incident" and fell in love with the strangest, mind-bendy stuff that I could find. I love the fun and punny worlds of Terry Pratchett and Spider Robinson. I love the beautifully-bitter complexity of Neil Gaiman, Neal Stephenson, Melissa Marr and Laini Taylor. I love the gorgeous darkness of Brenna Yovanoff and Holly Black. I love the lyrical prose of books like The Last Unicorn and Keturah and Lord Death. I love the brutal violence of Jeff Somers as well as the ethereal lightness of Francesca Lia Block. And I always love mysteries and folklore and comic heroes and myth. I love to peek under the leaves, into the shadows, and wonder what lives there.

So when you pick up INDELIBLE and walk into the world of Glendale, North Carolina, the Twixt and the Carousel on the Green, imagine that the old attraction which has been gutted and reborn as an indoor/outdoor dance club isn't exactly what it seems, nor are the two Goth kids who are hugging the edge of the crowd like black thistles against a field of psychedelic blooms. We're on the edge of another world and about to cross that line between what we know, what we don't, and what we could barely imagine as real, welcoming Joy Malone, Monica Reid, Indelible Ink and you.

It's time to get a little radical. 

Are you ready? See you there!

2 comments: